2min2X public service campaign
Have you noticed the new billboard on I-84 as you head into Hartford? We were excited to see the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and Healthy Mouths, Healthy Lives’ public service campaign make its debut in our area. The campaign, “2min2x”, helps promote the importance of dental health in children- reminding parents to help their children brush their teeth for 2 minutes each time, twice a day. Here are some helpful pointers for caring for your children’s teeth
- Use a rice grain amount of toothpaste with fluoride for children under 3, a pea-sized amount of toothpaste with fluoride for children age 3-6, and slightly more when they are older. This ensures that they get exposure to fluoride but takes into account that they may not be able to effectively spit.
- Brush the teeth at a 45 degree angle right against the gums
- Don’t forget to brush all the surfaces of the teeth- front, back and tops
- Floss once a day to get in between the teeth where the toothbrush can’t reach
- Help kids with tooth brushing until about 8 years old
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush and choose a size that allows them to reach all areas of their mouth
- Replace toothbrushes every three to four months, or sooner if the bristles start to splay or if your child has been sick
Check out some fun and educational videos and learn more at www.2min2x.org
Note: Don’t worry photo was taken by a passenger in the car!